For an exclusive offer for FREE access to the club with a new personal training program, see our offer page here!
Almost everyone has heard the amazing success stories from friends and colleagues who have hired personal trainers to help them reach their fitness goals. Today, personal trainers are used by people of all fitness, age, and economic backgrounds to help them make smart lifestyle changes, especially if they couldn’t achieve their goals by themselves. How do you know if hiring a personal trainer is the right choice for you? Consider the following benefits individual personal training can provide to you:
- Get educated and motivated
- Learn how to dramatically increase your metabolism
- Exercise more efficiently
- Focus on reducing fat instead of body weight
- Pain managment
- Learn proven lifestyle habits
- Master proven exercise Techniques
- Obtain a healthier weight
- Be held accountable
- Enjoy breaking through limitations you thought you had!
I have had Brian Panarese as a personal trainer since June 2017. Before that time I had dieted and lost 50+ lbs and knew I would need more than just diet to help with the next 50 lbs. Arriving at Somerset Health & Fitness I had no preconceived ideas about personal training. I had never done such a thing! I have to admit this has been more than an unexpected pleasure. Brian is very knowledgeable about not only fitness but underlying medical issues and how they are affected by exercise. I have diabetes, asthma, arthritis in my knees and hips and an aneurysm on my heart. Brian started me slowly carefully advising and monitoring me so I don’t exhibit adverse effects on my arthritic knees/hips, or heart & lungs. He continues to do so. Since the inception of my training, I am able to get up and down from a sitting position without the assistance of furniture or bars. This was a major problem. I have much more energy and stamina than I have had in years. Recently doing two separate 5K walks.
Brian consistently shows diligence in making sure his clients get the most from exercise. Advancing weight and reps as necessary and incorporates Cardio exercise to raise the heart rate which is a must for weight loss.
Thank you, Brian Panarese, for all your help. I continue to look forward to our sessions!
Education: Bachelor of Science degree from Northeastern University & Bouve College 5-year program Majored in Physical Education, Science & Health
- 3 Years Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology
- ACE Certification, 65+ Year Old Trainer Certification, Yearly Continuing Education Courses
Background: With 40 years’ experience Brian has acquired a great deal of knowledge to handle any training and nutritional situation presented by a client:
- Amateur boxer 1974-1979, then developed “BOXERCISE”, a non-contact boxing & exercise program
- Opened and co-owned Universal Fitness Centre of Reading Inc. Dec 1980-1988
- Started fulltime personal training company in 1982 then introduced personal training to several fitness centers and corporations
- Works with every type of client from young athlete, pro athlete, housewives to CEO’s
- Highly skilled to design all forms of exercise and food programs to meet client goals.
- Networks well with Therapists and Doctors to get clients back into a regiment of exercise after injuries, operations and therapy.
- Works 1-on-1 and in small groups situations.
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA)
- American School of Ballet (Studied under George Balanchine)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer
- IFPA Sports Nutrition
- Regional 1 Powerlifting Champion (1982-1984)
- National Masters Track Medalist
- USTA Woman’s 4.0 Tennis League
- Taught Aerobics for the wrestling team at MASH and tennis team (1985)
- Track Coach for Duluth High in Atlanta (1984)
Personal Fitness Philosophy: Pam specializes in fitness for the older adults, but LOVES working with the power and strength of everyone! Pam is very creative and enjoys a challenge to her various clientele.
Hobbies: Outside of the gym, Pam loves the theatre, dancing of all kinds, tennis, biking and hiking
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NCAA accredited)
- Master Trainer Certification 2016
- Resistance Specialist
- Nutrition Specialist
- Endurance Specialist
- Intro to Plyometrics – Certificate
Personal Fitness Philosophy: “Fitness for a lifetime” Fitness and well-being are not for a week, a month or even a year – I believe that this is a lifestyle change and the transformation begins today.
Hobbies: Robby is a passionate mountain climber, recreational ice hockey player, and love hanging with his wonderful family.
- American Council on Exercise Certification
- Over forty years’ experience with exercise, conditioning, and the discipline of flexibility
- Instructed numerous Martial Arts classes from beginner to advanced levels
- Conduct large and small group exercise classes
- Conducted conditioning regimens preparing individuals and teams for athletic competitions
- Personalized instruction for individuals seeking a healthier, more balanced, lifestyle
- Movement Training – understanding how me move and expand our range of movement
- Balance Training – developing functional balance and control of how we move
- Conditioning – combining functional balance and functional movement against gravity to move faster, stronger, and longer